Friday, May 30, 2008

An open letter to my daughter (dipped in chocolate)

To my loving daughter,

You're the best that ever happened in my life...if I have to live my life again and were given choices of what things I would have and the path I would take...it will always be a life with you. I could never think of words to express how happy I am having you for a daughter. Had you not been with me, my life would be empty; you filled everything in me...you complete me. You're kind, smart and caring; a daughter that every mother would dream of.

Now that you're growing up, gracefully, as I envisioned you to be, I would like you to be smarter, more considerate and upright. Don’t forget that if there were times that I am not with you when you feel like falling, that I have abandoned you- no my beloved, I am just somewhere looking at you from a distance, all geared up to give you a helping hand; all those were to train you how to be bold and to handle things appropriately. Don’t be sad nor take it against me; I am just around the corner, you may not be aware because it is too serene or too light; all you have to do is think about those things I always wanted to inculcate into your mind. I want you to be independent; confident and positive about yourself. I know that you have learned so much and still struggling to be a well composed fine young lady.

I believe in you, your confidence to face the trials squarely is amazing; your determination to succeed is extremely admirable; your urge to experiment and discover new things is unbelievably remarkable and the passion you have in everything you do is simply stunning.

I wouldn’t even try you if you can cross neither the turbulent wave nor a rocky road alone, just to prove that you are indeed bold because I trust your ability to outwit the fox and emerge as a magnanimous victor in life’s toughest battles.

Life is not a bed of roses, my daughter, and sometimes life is not fair- more said about what life is, yes, it isn’t perfect but most of the time- splendid. In every trial that you will encounter, in every question that will puzzle you, believe me-there will be an answer and don’t stop searching for one.

This is how I look at you-strong, bold, witty, intellectually gifted, emotionally stable, and most of all, the most caring and loving person God has ever created- nearly perfect huh! Ha-ha...yes my baby...you’re a wonderful creation...lovely! (Mom is just second in line...goodness- thought you inherited all those from me..hehe- wink-wink)

I love you...more than I do to myself....

Your mean Mom

(Joy and fulfillment- that truly engulf my heart for having written what I truly feel for her; for conveying how gorgeous it is to be her mother; I feel complete and contented- for having her in my life; I can feel the warmth of being appreciated and loved... she grown so fast...taller than I am now....lovelier and smarter....she’s into music, she has a band (playing the lead guitar) that can play all types of music, she’s performing very well in school (haha like mother like daughter!!??). Her big heart still doesn’t shrink a bit...now, don’t I going to feel appreciated and loved? --for having a daughter like her?... I planted a seed, of top caliber....nurtured it with love and affection....and its beginning to bear fruits.....)

No comments: