Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nature Heals

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.”

-Anne Frank


There are times that we feel unappreciated, hurt. More often than not, unnoticed in spite all the efforts we perform. Yes, I experience these. But because of this nature trip, I have uplifted myself and realized some things beyond what I have came to understand before.
 
As I walk by the hills of UP Los Baños and lost excess weight while going up the sort-of small mountain for the Philippine Raptors Center, I have become one with nature. The way the wind blew my hair and the way the trees have become my guide in making my way, made this trip more enticing. As I venture through the streets and beautiful sites of Laguna, I have asked myself, “Why did God made this place so beautiful? He knows that man will just destroy it.” But as I meditate upon the attractive beauty and unique ambience these places give, I have answered my question. I believe that God made earth so beautiful because of His great love for us.
 
I have also came to understand fully that though He knows that man will only destroy what He have made, He still believes in the capability of men to be responsible enough in protecting his own home. Yes, indeed, our own home--beautiful and stewards we are. This beauty, giving an uplifting experience—setting aside all your worries and pain, making you feel better and wonderful about yourself is something we should all be proud about. We have these places in our country that shares and makes us experience God’s true love. We have these gifts that heal the heart.
------

Yannah's composition for her English III class; February 04, 2009.

No comments: